Why use creatine?
- Creatine supports the production of ATP, the muscles primary source of energy in the body for explosive workouts
- Creatine is one of the most scientifically researched supplements of all time and has proven over and over again its worth in helping your muscles perform at its peak ability and grow to its fullest
- Creatine when used consistently in conjunction with proper diet and training creates the best possible environment for your muscles to recover and grow
How does it work?
Creatine utilization can be explained as part of one of fundamental three energy systems, which each use the body’s universal energy currency molecule known as ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate):
- 1) For ATP to be used as energy, the body splits one of the three phosphate molecules from the end of the molecule, which generates energy
- 2) Once they split , ATP is known as ADP (adenosine diphosphate with only two phosphates). The body can resynthesize ADP back into ATP to be utilized for energy production again, and this is where creatine comes in.
- 3) The body has a finite phosphocreatine store within the muscles to draw from and recycle ADP back into ATP. Taking creatine allows you to safely increase these stores. Then, within a structured training program this leads to an improved work capacity through more reps & sets in the weight room.